We are excited to be bringing the annual Pink Loerie Festival back to Knysna from 29 April to 1 May 2022.
The key purpose of the festival is to assist and support the greater LGBTQIA+ community in the broader Eden district. In addition to the festivities, the Pink Loerie Foundation will provide extended support to various charities while simultaneously driving visibility and awareness of local businesses and tourism in the area.
Our focus this year is to develop symbiotic relationships between corporates and small businesses, community activists and the Garden Route community.
We need your help to make the Foundation’s festival and charity goals a reality.
The Pink Loerie Foundation supports numerous charities in the Eden area. To assist these non-profit organisations to recover from the additional pressures created by COVID-19, we invite all local businesses to contribute to our community fundraising event.
Any business that contributes a gift or donation will be featured in the digital edition of Pink Loerie Magazine: the official, standing directory that features high quality, targeted advertising. All gifts and donations received, will form part of our Pink Loerie Foundation exclusive VIP dinner and auction, and all proceeds from the auction will be donated to the following charities:
- Angela’s Soup Kitchen, Knysna
- Knysna Animal Welfare, Knysna
- Lilliput Creché, Knysna
- Loerie Hof Ouetehuis – Graham Street, Knysna
- Tina’s Soup Kitchen, Knysna
- Sedgefield Animal Cares, Sedgefield
Throughout the auction, sponsored items will be linked to our ongoing social media activities, putting the sponsors and donors front and centre of the event through media screening, charity event signage and MC call-outs.
Our Gift to You
We are again this year publishing our Pink Loerie Magazine (as part of the Pink Loerie Mardi Gras and Arts Festival 2022), but as it will only be an electronic publication, the compilation can be bigger, and the distribution will also be wider than what we had with the traditional printed publication. This is an extension on our commitment to assist businesses impacted by COVID-19 during the past 2 years.
Please provide us an advertisement and editorial about your business(es) that we can include in this year’s Pink Loerie Magazine.
Please find below the specification, information, and requirements regarding your advertisement and editorial that we require for the magazine.
As we are feeling generous being the 22nd Edition, we are offering you TWO x FULL PAGES (width: 210mm x height: 297mm) 1 x advert and 1 x editorial space (not more than 600 words including a high-resolution logo or photo) – normal value would be R7200, but it is absolutely free this year.
Accepted format: PDF (No Word, Excel, PowerPoint or other formats such as JPG will be accepted)
· All artwork/s must include 5mm bleed all around
· No important text should be within 7mm of the trim (edge of page)
· All fonts must be converted to outlines / paths / curves
· All images should be set to CMYK (CMYK is “Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Key/blacK) and not RGB
· If you are using spot colours, make sure to specify spot colours
· No white borders around artwork
· Type smaller than 10pts should not be reversed out of a single colour background
· Black text must be 100% K, not rich black
· Avoid small / fine white text on dark backgrounds
· Submitted artwork will not be checked for errors and will be placed as is.
Pink Loerie Magazine will distributed via our social media platforms as well as email database.
Deadline for all submissions is 27 April 2022.
If you require any additional information on the Foundation, festival, or sponsorship opportunities, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Director: Pink Loerie Mardi Gras
Contact: +27 83 347 9570